- Monitor your child’s digital world, ensure that the computer is installed with parental control software
- Teach your child not to upload sensitive information online such as filling in online survey forms, giving away personal information
- Teach your child not to write anything online that they wouldn’t communicate in person
- Teach your child not to call people names, make crude remarks or comments both online and in real life.
- Talk to your child about how to handle cyber bullying. Bullies want you to react, so don’t respond, block the sender and report to parents
- Teach your child responsible use of communication devices, and make them aware of their privacy rights
5 Tips for parents to prevent cyber bullying